Friday, June 1, 2007

Spiritual Blessings

God sent a new friend and new believer to my door a few weeks ago. Tracey stopped my office and she noticed a Bible on my desk. We began discussing the Bible and shared our testimonies. I shared my blog spot with her and is it because of her I decided to return today.

My last post was in 2 Corinthians but I continued reading the Bible daily and underlining things I learn. I finished the New Testament. I look back now I say WOW that was a lot of reading. I should have commented on my thoughts during this. I learned so many things I should have shared. I am bad. I was not sure if anyone really read this site based on no comments, so I stopped. Typing is not my strong suit and I need encouragement to make myself continue. Tracey encouraged me. So, that is why I am here today. I ran across this in Revelations and it made me think of one our conversations.

Rev 19:13. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and his title was the Word of God.

So, Jesus is the lamb and he is the one in the robe. Jesus is Word of God, which is the Bible. Reference to this can also be found in John 1:1.

John 1.
Prologue: Christ, the Eternal Word
1 In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He existed in the beginning with God. 3 God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him. 4 The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone.

May God bless you.

No comments: